This post is an additional post to the Road Trip to Chicago From Toronto – Four Day Itinerary.
Day Two focuses on what we did in and around Millennium Park for the day:
- 10:00 AM – Good morning! Let’s wake up, find breakfast, and shower!
- 12:00 PM – Walk to the Millennium Park then head across to Maggie Daley’s Play Garden located just North of the Millennium Park
- 2:00 PM – Walk to Buckingham Fountain
- 3:00 PM – Eat at Halal Guys
- 4:00 PM – Arrive at the Navy Pier and purchase tickets for River Architecture Tour (6:30 PM)
- 8:50 PM – Deep Dish Pizza at Giordano’s Pizza
- 10:00 PM – Arrive at John Hancock Tower and purchase CityPass
- 10:30 PM – Signature Lounge (views + drinks)
- 12:00am – That’s a wrap for Day Two in Chicago!
Continue reading “Road Trip to Chicago Day TWO – Around Millennium Park”
You’re going on a road trip to Chicago from Toronto? …. You should always takes the Detroit-Windsor tunnel over the Ambassador’s Bridge
…were the first word’s that my friend, and fellow SYDE classmate uttered as soon as I casually mentioned that I was going to go on a road trip to Chicago from Toronto. According to his co-workers who regularly traverse the Detroit-Windsor border, the tunnel is hands down better than the Ambassador’s Bridge. The line is shorter, it is cheaper than the bridge, and the border checkpoints are faster.
So far, I’ve been really lucky that with each destination I go, someone I know either knows another person who has made the same trip before, or has done the trip themselves as well. Regardless of the situation, I’ve always received warm words of advice that has made each vacation smoother and more enjoyable. Any advice to get to our destination a little faster was much appreicated – especially since driving from Toronto to Chicago is already an 850km (~530 mi) journey one way.
Kent was off in Vancouver during the same week I decided to go to Chicago and Anson was well… doing whatever he does best in Seattle (most likely climbing mountains) so this road trip was another SYDE Dash from the main group again.
This was an aggressively planned “see as much of Chicago in four days while breaking Maria’s 2 hour driving limit threshold”.
Continue reading “Road Trip to Chicago from Toronto – Four Day Itinerary”