Finding the right off-leash dog park in Toronto isn’t always easy. From choosing the right time to visit, to the terrain type, to the park’s size, there are plenty of factors a dog owner needs to consider.
Dog owners with smaller dogs may also want to look for dog parks that offer dedicated small dog areas to protect their dogs from rough play and larger dogs.
These dedicated small dog spaces are often dedicated for puppies or dogs under 20 lbs / 9.1 kg – making it easier for smaller dogs to play more comfortably with dogs of their own size.
- Which Dog Parks in Toronto Have Dedicated Small Dog Areas?
- Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in Etobicoke
- Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in North York
- Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in Toronto / East York
- Dog Parks with Small Dog Area in Scarborough
Which Dog Parks in Toronto Have Dedicated Small Dog Areas?
Here is a map of all the dog parks in Toronto with dedicated small dog areas:
Out of the 70 dog parks in Toronto, only 11 dog parks in Toronto have a dedicated small dog area:
- 1 is in the Etobicoke area (blue)
- 2 are in the North York area (red)
- 4 are in the Toronto / East York area (teal)
- 4 are in the Scarborough area (purple)
Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in Etobicoke
1. Raymore Dog Park
Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in North York
1. Bayview Arena Dog Park
2. Dogsview Park / Downsview Dog Park
Dog Parks With Small Dog Area in Toronto / East York
1. Allan Gardens Small Dog Park
2. Kew Gardens Dog Park
3. Sunnybrook Dog Park
4. Ramsden Dog Park
The Perfect Companion for Toronto Dog Owners
Carrying gear AND finding the nearest dog park on your next adventure?
P.S. Did you know a portion of every purchase made on the SYDE Road Store goes towards donating to Vets without Borders? They’re a not-for-profit Canadian volunteer association dedicated to improving the health of animals, people and the environment around the world.
Dog Parks with Small Dog Area in Scarborough
1. Confederation Dog Park
2. Hand of God Dog Park
Also known as the Frank Faubert Woodlot Dog Park.
3. McCowan Dog Park
4. Thomson Dog Park
Did You Know?
Just north of Thomson Memorial Park is Birkdale Ravine – a short 1.4 KM footpath with over 45 Cherry Blossom trees – it’s one of the 7 places in Toronto you can take beautiful spring photos with your dog.
To summarize, these are the 11 dogs parks in Toronto that offer dedicated small dog areas:
- Bayview Arena Dog Park in North York
- Dogsview Dog Park / Downsview Dog Park in North York
- Allan Gardens in Toronto / East York
- Kew Gardens in Toronto / East York
- Sunnybrook Park in Toronto / East York
- Ramsden Dog Park in Toronto / East York
- Confederation Dog Park in Scarborough
- Hand of God Dog Park in Scarborough
- McCowan Dog Park in Scarborough
- Thomson Memorial Park in Scarborough
What We Always Bring With Us to Dog Parks
What’s on Limone:
Depending on the situation we rotate Limone through various harnesses and collars:
- Our Everyday Harness: Julius K-9 IDC ® Longwalk Harness
- ‘Photo-Op/Meeting her Grandpawrents’ Harness: Knick Knack Paddy Whack Harness in Prime *locally made in Toronto
- ‘I’m dirty, my harness is dirty, and I need a shower so I can’t wear a harness anymore’ Collar: KONG® Comfort Weave Padded Dog Collar – we bring this with us whenever we know Limone is going to get muddy or go into the water for a swim and we can’t bother with a harness
Similarly, we rotate Limone’s leash based on our needs. These are the three leashes we use regularly:
- Everyday Leash: 4 My Merles Creations – Standard Braided Leash. *locally made in Orillia, Ontario. Here are the custom options we chose if you’d like the exact same one:
- Embroidered Handle
- Poly Webbing Color: Yellow
- Fleece Color: Red
- Fleece Color 2: Royal Blue
- Embroidery Color: Black
- ‘I’m going to get dirty and drag my leash around OR I’m going to be tied onto a doggy zipline’ Leash: Amazon’s Choice Dog Training Leash with Padded Handle – 6ft in Grey
- Long Line Lead: Amazon’s Choice 20ft Long Lead in Black